Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Barbocoa-Style Beef Tacos {Crockpot Recipe}

I'm a big fan of new recipes.  I see so many recipes floating around on FB on a daily bases, but most times I don't have a good way to save them!  I really want to try this recipe, and maybe you have seen it floating around the Facebook world!  I tried to pin it, and the link didn't work....so I'm blogging the recipe so I can pin it for later!

 


I haven't tried this, so I have no idea if it tastes good!

3-4 lb Beef Chuck Roast
4 chipotles in adobo sauce - chopped
5 cloves garlic - chipped
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
3 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 C. beef broth
1/4 C. Apple cider vinegar
1/4 C. fresh lime juice
3 Bay leaves
Salt
Pepper

Cut the roast into approximately six to eight large chunks.  Season well with salt and pepper on all sides.
Heat Oil in a large skillet and sear the beef chunks on all sides until browned.  Transfer to slow cooker.
In a medium brown combines chipped chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves, beef broth, vinegar, lime juice, and additional salt and pepper (to taste).  Mix well, the pour over beef in the slow cooker and add bay leaves.  Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat shreds easily.

Remove bay leaves.  Removes and shred beef.  Return beef to slow cooker to marinate for at least 10 more minutes, or until ready to serve.

I will personally be serving this over lettuce wraps.  Probably with some salsa, homemade quacamole, chopped red onions, and cilantro.  Or I might serve it over cauliflower rice for "taco bowls".  But you could easily make this into a traditional taco meal with flour tortillas and all the non-paleo fixin's!

Now I just need to figure out how to make this isn't a freezer meal for when I have surgery.....  Thoughts?  Leave me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment