Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Paleo Skillet Cabbage

I'm trying to pull recipes that I liked and can still have off my old blog..... The Mr. loved cabbage.  Cabbage isn't my favorite thing to eat, and I don't normally cook things I don't like, but sometimes I still make it for him. 





1/4 stick of ghee or coconut oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium head of cabbage, chopped
1 lb sausage, sliced into round pieces (get the paleo-est kind you can find!)
1 can rotel
Salt & Pepper to Taste

Melt ghee or coconut oil (or your paleo fat of choice!) in skillet.  (I used a large sauce pan!) 

After your oil is melted, add in onion and cabbage.  Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often so it doesn't stick to the bottom.  The oil will coat the cabbage nicely!




I chopped up the sausage while the cabbage and onions where cooking!




Add in sausage, rotel, salt & pepper.  I found that this required quite a bit of salt.  So, start off with a teaspoon or so, then as it's almost finished, test it and see if it needs more. 




Put a lid on your pan and let it cook away.  I didn't stir it much, just here and there so it cooked evenly.  It will take about 20-25 minutes to cook through.  The cabbage should be soft, but not mushy!




Serve it up and Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment